Nearai Gakuen is one of the child development support centers in the North District of Hamamatsu (Shizuoka), Japan. We help children with special needs to work on their communication skills, social skills, language skills, etc. We also support the parents with contacting welfare and healthcare services, and we offer our mental health care resources.
We have certified kindergarten teachers, certified primary school teachers, speech therapists, occupational therapists, certified public psychologists, clinical psychologists, nurses, public health nurses, certified social workers, and so on.
We employ four main programs for 0-to-12-year-old children and their families. To enroll in any of these programs please contact us first (except Family support program 3.2 Type 2).
1. Daycare program for 2-to-6-year-old children (Mon-Fri, 10:00 am – 2:30 pm)
2. Dual enrollment program along with a daycare or kindergarten for 3-to-6-year-old children
2.1 Type 1 (One day a week, 10:00 am – 2:30 pm)
2.2 Type 2 (Two days a month, 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm)
3. Family support program
3.1 Type 1 Social activities and joint play for 1-to-3-year-old children and the parents (Three days a month, 9:30 am – 11:30 am)
3.2 Type 2 Freeplay and joint play for 0-to-3-year-old children, the parents, and the grandparents, and group activities for expectant mothers (One day a week, 9:45 am – 11:30 am, at Inasa childcare centre)
4. Afterschool activities for elementary school children
The programs help children:
– to play and collaborate with other children and teachers.
– to learn daily activities such as how to eat, how to dress, how to go to toilet, and how to greet other people.
– to express their needs.
They also encourage parents:
– to learn how to better communicate with children.
– to collect necessary information on child development for welfare and health care providers.
667-1, Nearai-cho, Kita-ku, Hamamatsu city, Shizoka-ken, JAPAN 433-8108
Hours Available: 9 a.m. – 5p.m. (Mon-Fri)
* It may take a few days to reply in English.